Internal Server Error apres update au version 2.0

Trouvez ici tout l'aide dont vous avez besoin concernant le script d'annuaire Arfooo.
Merci de reporter les éventuels bugs trouvés.

Re: Internal Server Error apres update au version 2.0

Messagede Arf » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 18:40

Oh oups, I have write this line !

4) Open -http://www.your-site.com/folderarfooo/i ... ate109.php in your browser
but is update200.php !

Do you have use this file update200.php ?
Arf
Administrateur du site

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 18:48

The first time i used the one you specified with update109.php and afterwards, after seeing the error, i tried with update200.php and it worked but now i get all these errors and i must say, installing for the first time arfooo 1.9 was much more easier than updating from 1.9 to 2.0. And i must say i have never heard or used of arfooo untill last year and the installation went ok from the first shot. But with arfooo 2.0 it is a complete different story... It went bad from the first time ... and now i'm still fighting errors with it and people is currently submitting websites ... although i don't understand why they do that with all those errors on my directory's frontpage ... I myself would have left the site from the first time i saw it (i am talking about the way it is now and not about arfooo in general)
Searchtheweb

Messagede Arf » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 19:45

Ok, do you have database backup ?
can be usefull, if you have use update109.php before update200.php
Arf
Administrateur du site

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 19:52

I have the backup before updating. But how can i use it ?
And the error is because you said there in english documentation file to put update109.php and not 200php. What should i do ? I reuploaded all files again and it is the same problem .. It doesn't work ... I regret i updated from 109 to 2.0 already, honestly... I trusted the message in the admin you sent and look what i got, a biggggggggg error on my website ... I received over 123 emails from people that tried to submit their websites today into my directory and they saw the errors and they said that my website is "not professional" :(
Searchtheweb

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 20:00

I myself work on the Internet, on a price-comparison website. We don't release something new before testing, retesting, eliminating all bugs, retesting it locally, testing it again, retesting it, leaving it for a while to see how it behaves ... and so on... I think you released this version too fast, too early and you didn't work on it properly... All i see with my own eyes is bugs, errors, more bugs ... The forum is filled with reported problems from everybody...

I should have stayed with the 1.9 version and never go to 2.0 ... I am dissappointed ....
Searchtheweb

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 20:18

And regarding the fact that the old site templates don't work with arfooo 2.0...

Arf, just think a bit. There are hundreds of websites that were built on arfooo 1.9 and each of these website's owner modified a template to suit his/hers needs. After doing that, and many of us paid somebody to do those modifications, you come and say they don't work with 2.0... It's not fair... You didn't say that before releasing it or at least, i, that i visit this website daily, didn't see it anywhere "Arfooo 2.0 won't work with old templates"...

What's the result now ? I'll tell you : hundreds of websites that updated from 1.9 to 2.0 that all look the same. So, if you visit one of these websites, is like you've seen them all... They lost their individuality...

This is the second reason why i say you released arfooo 2.0 too soon and you didn't pay enough attention to a thing like : arfooo 2.0 should work with old templates no matter what... You should have released it in April or May, but without bugs, without mistakes and with minimum changes from us, those who use your product. You should charge for downloading your product, but, for a price, this CMS should function like a clock : EXACT.

I am really really disappointed with arfooo 2.0. 1.9 had less functions but better quality overall... At least, that's what i think... I know that you won't help me anymore to fix my problems because i told you these things, but i am not the kind of a man that talks one thing in front of you and talks something bad at your back... i speak what i think and trust me, i wish that your product goes WOW... but in this manner .... i don't see it raise...
Searchtheweb

Messagede Arf » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 21:02

I mentioned in a topic that the templates are not compatible.
You can think what you want.
Arfooo Directory 2.0.0 is a major release, otherwise I will have called v1.1.0

User have paid people to adapt template, certainly and certainly I must therefore adapt them to change the script.
In this case, evolution will be very small.
I have paid me? no.
The script is free? yes
There are other scripts, you can replace Arfooo by another if you wish.

If I take phpbb3 example, templates are not compatible with version 2. There is probably a logical reason.

Regards,
Arf
Arf
Administrateur du site

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 21:09

Ok, Arf. Arfooo 2.0 is a major release. So, why is that i get that error on my directory ? I followed your indications step by step, without hurrying.

I'm not saying arfooo 2.0 is bad. I'm only saying it wasn't ready to be released now.

I am sorry you got angry but sometimes you must face it ... You shouldn't leave this script to be downloaded for free... You should charge for it and use that money to develop further...

That's all... I said i'm sure you wouldn't help me anymore so i guess my website's directory will stay like this .... That's how life is ...

All the best
Searchtheweb

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 21:14

And one more thing, because i'm a professional too, but on another part of websites : the fact that arfooo is free, doesn't mean that the CMS should have problems I quote you :" I have paid me? no.
The script is free? yes " ... This is not what a professional should answer.

Maybe i'll go with arfooo, maybe i'll change it with another, as you said. But you should keep in mind that you should face contradictions and critics when they appear and not act like you did.

Anyways, i wish you all the best
Searchtheweb

Messagede Searchtheweb » Jeu 11 Fév 2010 21:32

I think arfooo is a great CMS. I think you are a good developer. The only thing i'm saying is that this version doesn't work properly for me...that's all.

You said that i didn't pay for this script. But, did you ask me money for the script by default ? NO. So why do you point out that ? I don't get it. This is not the only website i own and for the others i bought many platforms so, for my directory, if you have charged some money for it (arfooo), i would have paid for it, it's normal as it is your work and a hard work too.

So, it's not like you asked for a fee and i didn't pay, because the way you reacted is not ok... If you need to hear only good things we could all praise the software you created even if we know it has some problems "Arf, this is great...Arf i find it superb...Arf that's the best..." You want to hear only that and not focus on problems this CMS has ? You choose and i'll do just that.

But this won't help your project evolve, i tell you for sure. Critics make the world evolve and not those who praise one product even though they know it has flaws...
Searchtheweb

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Installation, aide et report de bugs

• Articles en relation
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message